Saturday, August 21, 2010

Cooking with Canned Chicken/ Recipes?

I've never used canned chicken and don't know how to heat it up... Seems like a basic question but I'm afraid it will turn to mush... Can someone please give me advice on how to heat it up... (I have some brown rice and teriaki sauce I would like to use with it.. Thanks...Cooking with Canned Chicken/ Recipes?
canned chicken is the nicest thing to have in your pantry. it's so easy to work with. all you have to do is nuke it for a few minutes and add it to whatever you want to add it to. if you want it mushy you have to mash it with a fork but otherwise it will stay in the bigger chunks.Cooking with Canned Chicken/ Recipes?
You can use it like any cooked chicken.


I have used it in pot pie, chicken salad, stir fry





Its already cooked so just drain and put in your recipe like a stir fry at the end of cooking just long enough to heat well.
what i do is i add it to the cooked rice and add anything else i might want and microwave it on hi for a few minutes
Drain the chicken, mix it with the teriyaki sauce and heat it in a skillet on the stove.
I use canned chicken frequently but when you take it out of the can I don't like the way it looks I drain it real well. Then I heat up a fry pan with a little olive oil. When it is hot, I add the chicken and cook it up a bit and add a little garlic salt. I put this in enchiladas all the time. Quick and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment